Stiff and achy joints are what you go through when you have osteoarthritis pain. Apart from your regular medication, keeping yourself active is the most important thing you need to focus on. The wear and tear of the cartilage that protects and covers the bone can develop osteoarthritis. This is because, when the protective cover is lost, the bones rub together, which ultimately contribute to irritation and inflammation resulting in achy joints. Osteoarthritis can affect both men and women equally, which affects the hips, hands, spine, and knees. There are many types of exercises that you can follow to beat osteoarthritis pain. Here we have compiled a few of them below, which helps to ease the pain and make you ease through the pain. To know more about the exercise you need to include, keep reading the post.
8 best and effective exercises to ease osteoarthritis pain:
Though developing osteoarthritis is a normal part of the aging process, still including a simple exercise in your daily routine, maintaining a healthy weight along with a few lifestyle modifications can reduce the magnitude of pain to a greater level. So, prevent joint tightening by including the below exercises in your daily regimen. Check out below:
- Include simple cardiovascular exercises like jogging, walking, and swimming to keep the limbs active. This helps relieves the painful joints from stress and strain.
- Go ahead with the muscle strengthening exercises to increase resistance and strengthening of the muscles. This increases mobility and reduces pain from the joints. But, if you cannot manage the throbbing pain, accompanied by swelling and redness, then consult the doctor immediately. Quick treatment can relieve you from joint pain, and other serious health issues. If medicines are prescribed, order them from a reliable online medicine site and get them delivered to your doorstep.
- Leg extensions and leg swings can help decrease arthritis pain. So, prefer performing this exercise under the guidance of the trainer. If you are doing the exercise faulty way it can bring in some serious health complications.
- If you are suffering from knee osteoarthritis then including the following exercise can benefit you from getting off the pain. So, include half squats, straight leg raise, leg curls, lunges, calf stretches, and hamstring stretch. But, if you have very severe knee pain, then never do these exercises without your doctor’s advice. Also, your doctor might frame out a routine fitness plan according to your body needs.
- Practicing yoga regularly helps to strengthen muscles and joints. Yoga also helps to reduce pain. Get a yoga instructor on board and modify the exercises based on your body needs.
- Include chair stand exercise, all you need to do is set a chair near to the wall and sit on the chair with the arms folded to the shoulders. Repeat the exercise 10 times with 10 or 12 repetitions as per your convenience.
- Try bridge exercise by lying on the back with the legs folded. Place your hand on the sides of the hip and slowly lift the buttocks as high as possible with the balance of your hands. Do this exercise 10 times with 6 repetitions.
- Hip extensions are the best exercise to relieve arthritis pain. Take the support of the backside of the chair, hold both sides of the chair with your hands, and lift the right leg as much as you can. This helps to tighten the buttocks also repeat the same for the left leg. Try to complete 6 times for each leg.
Sometimes, because of pain, you may not able to motivate yourself and add exercise to your daily routine. In such scenario go for low-impact exercise, dedicate time for a short walk around your garden, know your body limits and don’t push yourself so hard, and finally talk to your physical therapist to know simple exercise to include in your daily life. But, in short words, proper exercise can improve your joint health and halt the joint damage.
When to see the doctor?
Osteoarthritis pain can be managed with the primary healthcare provider. With the advancement in tests and protocols, medications may be prescribed to relieve pain. Order your prescription medicines from the best online pharmacy store in India and avail amazing medicine discount on every order you place. But, still, if the pain is persistent or worsening despite medications, your doctor may suggest consulting a rheumatologist to address the issue.